Helping Good People At Their Worst Times

Can I make my husband pay for the divorce?

On Behalf of | Apr 15, 2014 | Family Law

In Florida, courts will look at whether one party needs the other to contribute to their fees and also whether the other party has the ability to do so. Typically, there would need to be a moderate disparity in the parties’ incomes for the court to award fees. Judges can order a party to pay all or only a portion of the other party’s fees. There is also the right to an award of fees if the Court finds a party in willful contempt. Typically, this would occur when a party failed to do an action that was previously ordered by the Court and did so without a defense.