Helping Good People At Their Worst Times

If I have completed the terms of my sentence, can I ever get a charge off my record?

On Behalf of | Apr 15, 2014 | Criminal Law

Yes, if you meet certain criteria. If you completed Pretrial Intervention, Pretrial Diversion or your charge was nol prossed (dismissed)   you can petition for Court to expunge your record. If your records are expunged, the records will actually be destroyed. However, if you pled no contest or adjudication was withheld, you can only seal the charges.  If your charge is sealed, the average person cannot see them, but the military, educators or law enforcement can. The charge must also not be on the attached list of offenses. s.943.0585 and s.943 .059,